Friday, July 18, 2008

...and I'll whisper, "No."

While the entire nation seems utterly incapable of doing anything but ejaculating over the new Batman movie (it's #1 on the IMDB Top 250 movies?!) I myself am more taken with the trailer that comes with it: the long-awaited movie version of Watchmen, the seminal 1986-87 miniseries "graphic novel" by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons (which is near the top of Amazon's bestseller chart).


According to many reports, director Zack Snyder (he of the not-too-shabby Dawn of the Dead remake and the I-have-no-interest-at-all-in 300) has attempted a faithful adaptation. The trailer looks phenomenal and easily gave me an anticipatory thrill. And it includes my favorite bit of dialogue from the comic: Rorschach (longest-comeback-ever nominee Jackie Earle Haley!) intoning, "The world will look up and shout 'Save us!" and I'll whisper, 'No.'"
To put not too fine a point on it, oh man oh man oh man!

1 comment:

FireInTheSun said...

I guess this would explain why there are currently 50+ requests on this graphic novel at the library.